Subtitle

“Be good to your children. They will be the custodians of your legacy.” —Peter J. Vorzimmer

Friday, June 17, 2016

Letter to My Sister Jennifer April 28, 1993

April 28, 1993

Dear Jen,

Well, after a pleasant evening at Lipton's, Helen took me to Gatwick where I arrived at 9:15 a.m. I had to go Trash class, but since it was but half full, I had a bank of three seats on which to camp out. Janet was there to meet me. Today is Wednesday, she left Saturday to go up to New York to rendezvous with her Dad at her sister's house, from where they would leave Sunday afternoon for the airport and Rio, leaving me behind to gear up for Rio.
Jess just called to get her monthly check early--as she has a date in Traffic Court for a speeding ticket she got while in Houston! Now, she'll probably have to go for the Defensive Driving Course!
Jeff called Mark to ask about the Marriage Law in Texas(e.g. no waiting period, but a blood test), so I guess things are getting bad. Aborigine grandchildren, I can't believe it..it just keeps getting worse..worse than a bloody Finn! Oh well, what can you expect from a product of a broken home? Please promise me you'll marry someone of the same race! Ukrainians are close enough! Maybe I'll be dead before the Yannomammos start dropping. I'm leaving here on 7 May, will be back on the 22nd. Weather is much improved here. I fixed the back door on the little Solido ambulance. Managed to get back here with 8 jars of curry sauces and a 1/2 liter jar of Branston pickle. Those bastards/creeps at the coin shop claimed not to have the proof sets in yet! Found a good bookshop, called Ulysses, on Museum street which had 2 Colin Wilson books I didn't have, but couldn't find Atlantis on that street.
Hope you're not working too hard..but I guess I needn't worry, you'll be in Naples soon! See what you can find for transport to Pamplona around July 6th..if you can take the fast train to St. Jean, Alfredo can pick you up, and then take you to Irun for the Pamplona train (one always has to change from French to Spanish trains at Irun)..only one stop to Pamplona and if you call the hotel Maisonnave from St. Jean I can have a taxi out to meet your train and take you in.
Janet liked that red cedar house nr. Royston for which we had the pretty color brochure. It looks like we'll be able to sell this house between now and October and thus we'll be able to buy in England right after.  Not much else new, except the weather is nice.  Thanks for putting up your old dad and coming up to Cambridge with me..who knows? maybe I can come over before the 25th..  
Study hard, do well, I'm sure you'll find a good position somewhere.

Love,
         

No comments:

Post a Comment